Wednesday 14 May 2014

D-Blog Week 2014: Day 3

Today's topic is as follows;

What Brings Me Down.  May is Mental Health Month so now seems like a great time to explore the emotional side of living with, or caring for someone with, diabetes. What things can make dealing with diabetes an emotional issue for you and / or your loved one, and how do you cope? (Thanks go out to Scott of Strangely Diabetic for coordinating this topic.)

I'm going to make this short and sweet since it's been crazy busy this week with ballet recitals.  Tonight I was getting Amy ready for her show.  I was just putting the finishing touches on her hair, an  Elsa coronation bun, she looked beautiful. Then, I see Corey changing her site. And the worry comes back.

Will her young teenaged instructors keep an eye on her backstage, will she go low, be too high, drink too much then have to go to the bathroom right before she performs, will she be uncoordinated?

Sometimes, I wish we didn't have to deal with these things.

What did we do? Tested right before I left her, slightly high from Subway supper; left water and apple  juice with her; told her to have someone come get me if she needed to.

As for the recital, she rocked it!

1 comment:

  1. We have a dance recital coming up in a few weeks. I think those are the most nerve racking nights for me as far as diabetes care goes. This year I am letting her keep a phone backstage so she can text me if needed.

    ReplyDelete