Tuesday 13 May 2014

D-Blog Week 2014: Day 2

Day two of D-blog Week is looking to bring out the poet in bloggers.  I'm not the greatest poet in the world, but would like to share the little poem I originally wrote for this post on Amy's second Diaversary.


It's been two years since you came into our lives
like a permanent, uninvited guest.


We've taken some time to get to know you
and still feel like you're a Pest.


The site changes, sensor changes, and finger sticks
still make my baby girl cringe.
But changing to the pump has made it easier
and much better than using the syringe.


3am gluc checks night after night
in range I hope and I pray.
Can't rely on the number seen before bed
it changes depending on the day.


It's a lot of hard work for a little girl,
especially when you damper the fun.
Luckily, our family has learned the ropes 

and know what needs to be done.

I look forward to reading other people's posts today!





(sorry about how the poem looks, it wasn't this way in my draft!)

No comments:

Post a Comment