Sunday 19 May 2013

D-Blog Week, Day 7 - Spread the Love

As another Diabetes Blog Week draws to a close, let’s reflect on some of the great bloggers we’ve found this week. Give some love to three blog posts you’ve read and loved during Diabetes Blog Week, and tell us why they’re worth reading. Or share three blogs you’ve found this week that are new to you. (Thanks to Pearlsa of A Girl's Reflections for inspiring this topic.)
****************************************************************

I've fairly new here around the DOC. My daughter was diagnosed February 8, 2012.

I live in an isolated community.  It takes us a plane ride to the capitol city of our province (and 3 days off work) to attend a clinic day with our endo at the children's hospital.  There are no other children Amy's age in our town that have T1D.  She is the only child in her school.  There are a handful of children a few years older.

I think I found my first blog A Sweet Grace, in October.  I can't begin to tell you how much it helped me to read about a parent who was dealing with what I was.  Who had a child similar in age to my daughter.  I read her entire blog in a weekend.  And it snowballed from there.

I'm not going to tell you about a great blog post that I read this week.....there were so many that I enjoyed.  I'm not going to tell you about any new blogs that I found this week......as I find new ones I love all the time.

Instead, I will give a shout out to those that helped me when I needed it most. 

Check them out.

They're awesome.

And because of them, I know I'm not alone.

Naturally Sweet Sisters
Arden's Day
The Princess and the Pump
Candy Hearts
Mom of an Extra Sweet Insulin Challenged Girl
Death of a Pancrease

Thanks for reading this week.  I hope you have enjoyed my posts and will continue to visit us and follow along our journey with diabetes.

To read more from today you know the drill!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kindness for including us on your list. Honestly, I learn as much from you as I do anyone. Thanks for making the day with type 1 diabetes so much better!!!!

    ReplyDelete