Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

This is the second valentines day we have celebrated with diabetes.  Last year we were just newbies at only 7 days in!  To be honest, I can't even remember what we did, if we did anything at all.


This morning for breakfast, I made Amy a whole wheat toasted egg sandwich in the shape of a heart, pink strawberry milk and vanilla yogurt. She loved her valentine breakfast.

Usually at school, the kids are discouraged from bringing in class snacks, for everyone to share because of the high incidence of allergies at our school.  However, no one in Amy's class this year has any known allergies.  I knew there would be cupcakes and cookies ( oh my!) and that Amy would want something.  So I did what any seasoned D-Mom would do, I made sugar free cherry and strawberry jello cups with cool whip and heart sprinkles.  The class loved them!  And Amy had a shortbread cookie with her name on it too. She was a wee bit high at suppertime, but we corrected and she felt it was totally worth it.

After supper we gave out their little gifts, valentine nightgowns, mini lego set, heart notebooks, crayons and a mini chocolate. We got big hugs and they didn't notice the lack of chocolate or candy from previous years.

Me, I received a little something I've been eyeing for awhile......check it out.

 
 
These Willow Tree ornaments totally reminded me of my girls, Amy on the left and Rylie on the right.  Have you ever seen something that reminded you so much of your children that you just had to have it?
 
 
I hope everyone had an enjoyable day and were surrounded by those who mean the most to you.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment