Friday 4 January 2013

52 Week Money Challenge

Anyone have trouble saving money?  Uh...Yeah! 

I'm organized, I'm a list maker, I play it safe with my TFSA and mutual funds, but I like to shop.  I do most of my shopping online as I live in a northern area, a place that doesn't even have a mall, a place that doesn't even have a proper kids clothing store!  Thankfully most of my favorite retailers are online and ship to Canada with goof shipping costs.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to attempt the 52 Week Money Challenge.  The premise is simple.  You put away the amount of money for the week of the year that we are in.  This week I will put $1 in my piggy bank, next week $2, the week after that $3 and so on, up until the last week of the year where I will put $52 in my piggy.  By the end of the year I should have saved $1378. 

I'm not sure what I will do with it yet, maybe pay for christmas.



Anyone else in?

No comments:

Post a Comment